Medical Assistant in Tanzania
Placement Type: Health SciencePlacement Focus: Providing medical support at local hospital
Placement Location: Moshi, Tanzania
Required Language Skills: English widely spoken
Minimum Placement Length: 1 Month
Maximum Placement Length: 2 Years
About the Organization
Operating since the early 20th century, this hospital now serves as a large health care center for the region, with 225 beds, up to 150 outpatients per day and around 100 deliveries per month. The hospital has facilities for radiography as well as a reproductive and child health clinic.
1. Pre-med or medical students are placed to learn and serve in a regional hospital
2. Beyond basic medical service, interns have the chance to observe daily operations in the hospital’s many different facilities
3. Interns join in daily meetings with hospital medical staff for professional development
1. Intern should be a student of pre-med, medicine, nursing, physical therapy or dentistry
2. Must be a self-starter, detail-oriented, and capable of working together on a team
3. Must possess professionalism and be ready to represent ISL and the US well
4. Must possess or be willing to develop intercultural competence
Interns must bring scrubs, latex/nitrile gloves and hand sanitizer.
You need to be logged in before reqeusting an Internship so we can make sure we associate all of your request information with a proper account.
After you Login, you can close the login window to come back here and apply for this internshipClick here to Login/Register